Monday, February 4, 2008

Little Foodie



So, Alex loves food. Not baby food, real food. If you eat in front of him, he will kick his legs, wave his arms, lick his lips, and make all kinds of baby noises until you give him a little piece of whatever you're eating. Once he's finished what you've given him, he'll do it all over again.

Last week, I was feeding both boys a lunch of this recipe Seth makes called "German Skillet" - hamburger, tomato sauce, rice and sauerkraut (it is really good). Zach needed something, so I put down the bowl of Alex's food on the table while I leaned over to get Zach what he needed. Fast as lightening, Alex grabbed his bowl and dumped it out on his high chair tray - before I could even react, he had two fists full of food jammed into his mouth.




I figured, he's already made a mess, I may as well just let him go at it. That kid ate everything I had in the bowl for him, half of his brother's plate and a bowl of Jello. Since everything he ate was red, I ended up having to throw away the onesies he was wearing, and give him a bath...his little hands were still stained red for about a day afterward! It was worth it - he was so happy!


6 comments:

MK said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MK said...

That is awesome! Maybe he should come over and teach Cody how to eat.

MK said...

That is awesome! Maybe he should come over and teach cody how to eat.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha! that is so funny! i think i can appreciate it more because he always has an eye on my food! i love it!! steak and potatoes kind of kid!!

MK said...

Yea, I can see why you had to throw the onesie away. Sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

My kindred spirit! Have you seen my spaghetti baby picture, cuz it is a spittin' image. So flippin cute! Hope I can see him before he graduates high school...