Monday, December 21, 2009

Super Secret Super Agent...Surprise!


Seth turned 30 this year, and I decided to throw him a huge surprise party. It took a couple of months to plan, and lots of help from family and friends, but we managed to pull it off beautifully. I made “secret agent” themed invitations, emphasizing the need for complete stealthiness, sent out emails and Facebook invitations, and enlisting the help of some of Seth’s co-workers to get the word out. Fortunately, Alex’s 2nd birthday was coming up, and I used the impending party as an excuse to clean our house like a woman possessed.





On the big day, I booked our Saturday with tons of activities and errands that kept us out of the house the entire day. Our family and friends came over to the house, took the dog to the kennel for the night (it’s just better if he’s having fun at the Pets Hotel than being underfoot amongst tons of people), and set everything up. After a busy day, Seth was getting anxious to get home and relax; I was panicking, because we weren’t due home for another half-hour, and desperately trying to stall him with trips to the grocery store for dinner supplies. I thought he might be getting suspicious, but the look on his face when we entered our house and dozens of people shouted, “Surprise!” said otherwise. Mission successfully completed! We had a fantastic time, and really hope everyone who attended enjoyed it as well. Thanks to everyone for their help, and for being part of this wonderful milestone in my awesome husband’s life!

No comments: