After putting that in the cart, Zach announced that Alex needed the elephant costume. Alex didn't seem to mind having the decision made for him, so we went with it. This is the cutest costume I have ever seen on a kid - the hood was a little elephant face with a trunk, and the tummy and booty were padded.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Halloween
Zach had a field trip to a pumpkin patch, and was allowed to pick out a pumpkin for Halloween. Of course, he picked a huge one. And, of course, we had to go to the store and get a somewhat-equally huge one for Alex. Seth carved Zach's, and I carved Alex's - I was under a lot less pressure, since Alex ran around and occasionally came to check my progress, while Seth had a slightly more involved art commissioner. Zach required a drawing on paper before he would approve the design, and breathed down Seth's neck during the entire process. In the end, both kids were happy with the results.
We went to Treatsylvania this year with some friends and their daughters. They have a little girl who's a bit older than Zach, and they've become best friends. She was a "pumpkin pie" and he was a cow.
"Why a cow?" you might ask. Honestly, what 3 year old wants to be a cow for Halloween? Well, cows and horses are Zach's favorite animals. One day, I asked Zach what he wanted to be when he grew up. He said, "A cow." He proceeded to tell me that he wanted to be a cow for Halloween. I wasn't sure where I was going to find a cow costume in his size, and was thinking I might have to beg Seth's mom to make one, when my mom and I decided to take a quick trip to Costco. Walked in the door, saw a rounder of costumes, and what do you know - a cow costume, just his size. Unfortunately, that was at the beginning of September; over the next 6 weeks, he had a growth spurt, and the costume was pretty short by the time Halloween actually arrived. He still wore the costume, by his choice.
After putting that in the cart, Zach announced that Alex needed the elephant costume. Alex didn't seem to mind having the decision made for him, so we went with it. This is the cutest costume I have ever seen on a kid - the hood was a little elephant face with a trunk, and the tummy and booty were padded.
After putting that in the cart, Zach announced that Alex needed the elephant costume. Alex didn't seem to mind having the decision made for him, so we went with it. This is the cutest costume I have ever seen on a kid - the hood was a little elephant face with a trunk, and the tummy and booty were padded.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment